Christmas mission 2021
Instead of a white Christmas, this mission focuses on a green Christmas!
Many thanks to the Royal Netherlands Navy for taking this initiative. Kudos to you all!
How to become the winner of this Christmas mission? The crew that reduces their energy consumption the most, during their time alongside for Christmas and New Year, AND sharing exciting and fun videos of how they achieved that result, wins!
Last year the Zr.Ms. Doorman alone already saved 200 kW per hour (approximately 17.000 euro during a winter break). Also see this SITREP. Let’s raise the bar!
Naturally, this mission is open for all Oceans1 participants, but we also welcome other crews this time!
The Christmas spirit is about togetherness for a reason.
How does the mission work? Discuss with your mates what actions you usually take preparing the vessel for a vacation. Then brainstorm about what you could do extra in the light of this mission. Make sure to make short videos of these discussions. Sharing is caring!
A data protocol will enable us to measure the energy usage during the holidays and provide you with feedback. A winner will be announced in the new year.
How to activate the mission for your crew:
1. Send an email to join, if you don’t have a GPAL-account let us know, we will send you login credentials;
2. Discuss and execute all measures that you think will reduce energy consumption while keeping your vessel safe alongside;
3. Make as many videos as possible and share them on GPAL;
4. Start collecting data conform data protocol (see below) from 24-12-21 12:00 till 10-01-22 12:00 hours;
5. Enjoy Christmas and New Year;
6. Await mission feedback in February!
So your first step: Start discussing what actions you as a crew will take and let us know on GPAL!
Let’s focus on this green Christmas!
Ps. You have any questions? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org