Xploration Coastline Freshwater Conference in Curacao
Floatable desalinated water, zero footprint & autonomous
Xploration Coastline Freshwater Conference was a genuine movement kick-starter. We shared our individual journeys within the collective mission of Xploration Coastline and how this project could specifically help people in coastal Latin America and the Caribbean. The responsibility of Humanitarian Disaster Relief Operations is based on a strong collaboration between multiple regional stakeholders. The Freshwater Conference was successful in bringing many different stakeholders together in the same room to discuss needs and potential solutions for the region.
It’s all about human potential and how to organize that collectively in order to solve the biggest challenges. The conference explored possible ways to insure ourselves against humanitarian disasters, enhancing the quality of life through reducing the costs of living and supporting the island energy, water and food transition. Xploration Coastline – a floating, quick response and sustainable water desalination concept – is a mission facilitating just that…
During the conference we initiated action orientated discussions that focused on operations during crisis and in routine circumstances.
To be ready for hurricane season 2023, we need everyones commitment! All attendees and panellists discussed the possibilities and options of Xploration Coastline. The panellists were:
- Vanessa Toré (Chair Integrated Water Resource Management Committee; Government of Curaçao)
- Erwin Arkenbout (Representative of the Netherlands in Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten)
- Lesley Fer (National Crisis & Disaster Coordinator; Government of Curaçao)
- Wayne Williams (Caribbean Water & Wastewater Ass.)
- General Frank Boots (Commander Dutch Armed Forces in the Caribbean)
- Darick Jonis (CEO Aqualectra)
- Luis Ladeira (University of Curaçao)
- Tamira La Cruz (Sustainable Private Sector Development)
- Ellen Lastdrager (TNO – Living lab Curacao)
- Sunny Guidotti (Senior UNICEF representative Regional Office LAC WaSH)
During the panel dialogue we committed to governing this common good in a new way. An active participation, no-ownership sustainable impact concept creating win-win-wins for all. Let’s keep #Xploring.